Thursday 7 November 2013

1983: SCOOBY-DOO MAY/ JUNE COVER GALLERY (Marvel UK)

Here are the last three issues in my SCOOBY-DOO AND HIS T.V. FRIENDS collection, covering May and June 1983.

The run that I bought wasn't complete which is why, unfortunately, there's been a few gaps along the way but this is an overlooked M-UK title and Scoob was (and is) one of my favourite cartoons (until Scrappy arrived anyway) so I thought this was a worthwhile exercise.

MARVEL UK cancelled Scooby, waited a while and then repeated the exact same formula (and, quite possibly, some of the same material) in an almost identical weekly featuring Top Cat (aka Boss Cat).  I imagine that Scooby had been off British screens for a while and TC was enjoying another rerun around the time of the switch.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...