Friday 15 March 2013

1995: METAMORPH II (Fanzine)

METAMORPH II was the successor to SHADOWSPHERE from the same editor and stable of writers.  Unsurprisingly, in followed pretty much the same formula in terms of subjects covered, writing style and format.

The first issue appeared early in 1995 with subsequent issues appearing roughly quarterly until (at least) Autumn 1997.  The final two issues tampered with the format slightly and appeared as two specials, devoted to women in SF and British telefantasy.

I've posted the covers for each along with the SHE-WOLF OF LONDON (love that show!) episode guide that appeared in the first issue (Shadowsphere and Metamorph II were pretty much the only magazines, amateur or professional, to give the long-forgotten Anglo-American show any serious coverage) as a sampler of the contents.  

ISSUE 1
Winter 1995

ISSUE 2
Spring 1995
ISSUE 3
Summer 1995
ISSUE 4
October 1995
ISSUE 5
Spring 1996
ISSUE 6
Summer 1996
ISSUE 6 SUPPLEMENT
ISSUE 7
Autumn 1996
ISSUE 8 - KINKY BOOTS AND SKIMPY SUITS
Spring 1997
ISSUE 9 - FLYING THE FLAG
Autumn 1997

2 comments:

  1. I was Features Advisor on Metamorph II and Shadowsphere - and I wrote that article on She-Wolf (and the BUGS one, amongst many others). I found this sit by accident, amazed anyone remembers us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slowly digitising my collection and can send you a link for you of the ones I have done so far. Am doing more all the time. I am particularly looking for Spectrox, Cottage Under siege, Perigosto stick and Yak butter sandwich or anything with Chris newbould or Tat woods in. If not perhaps you could point me in the right direction where I might be able to acquire some?

    Feel free to email me s.traves@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...