Thursday 7 March 2013

1978: INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS FOTONOVEL

I found this in a secondhand bookshop a few weeks back: the INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS FOTONOVEL, which gave the barely remembered movie remake the Fumetti treatment.

I have the vaguest memory of seeing the movie (with Spock in a rare non-Trek big screen outing for Nimoy) on TV at some point - and being underwhelmed - which probably means its high time to seek out a copy and give it a spin.  Until I do, I'll resist the temptation to actually read this!

I must say I find the cover design pretty underwhelming, especially someone picking a flower on the back cover.  It's no doubt integral to the plot... but its hardly going to entice the casual reader to part with their princely (in 1978) £1.25p.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...